Contact Us: 1-800-253-7657
Sterile Technique: Key Concepts and Practices
The purpose of this study guide and accompanying video is to provide information to perioperative staff members on key concepts and practices for establishing and maintaining a sterile field.
After viewing the video and completing the study guide, the participant will be able to:
- Define sterile technique.
- Identify the parameters of a sterile field.
- Describe practices that reduce the spread of infection when preparing or working in a sterile environment.
- Discuss the importance of monitoring the sterile field.
This video and accompanying study guide address the following topics:
- Micorbiology Review
- Practices to Reduce Transmissible Infections
- Selection of Surgical Gowns, Gloves, and Drapes
- Use of Sterile Technique When Gowning and Gloving
- Sterile Drapes
- Preparing a Sterile Field
- Introducing Items to the Sterile Field
- Monitoring the Sterile Field
- Moving in and Around the Sterile Field
- Education, Training, and Quality Assurance
Cine-Med, Inc. 127 Main Street North, Woodbury, CT 06798 1-800-253-7657