Infection Prevention Video Collection
Infection prevention is a critical component of patient care in every health care facility. The Joint Commission currently has five National Patient Safety Goals that address the prevention of infection. Hospitals have been reporting Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP) measures for many years. In 2013 Medicare will be basing payment in part on how well health care facilities perform on these measures. Providing safe patient care and decreasing the risk of a hospital acquired infection is a goal of every health care facility and outpatient surgery center.
This video collection includes five videos that can provide needed education for you and your staff. These five videos have been specifically selected for this collection and can be used to proivde the basis for a successful infection prevention program in your facility or to enhance your current program. The videos are based on the AORN's Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices.
- 1940 Environmental Sanitation and Terminal Cleaning
- 1947 Sterilization in the Perioperative Setting
- 1948 Preoperative Skin Antisepsis of the Surgical Patient
- 1949 Aseptic Technique: Principles and Practice
- 1951 Hand Hygiene, Gowning & Gloving Practices in the Perioperative Setting